Wednesday, April 13, 2016

To my Daughter. On your Third, half birthday.

My Baby Cakes, 


My sweetest little three and a half year old. I'm dreading the day you will enviably roll your eyes at me for acknowledging half birthdays. But until then, I am going to soak up every moment of you still thinking I am awesome. 

Because right now you totally think I am awesome. In your eyes, your Daddy and I can do it all. We might as well wear super capes. Anything and everything that isn't, right or needs to be fixed, you simply shrug it off "that's okay, Mommy or Daddy can do it/fix it".  I am also soaking up every moment until you realize that's not always the case. 

Truthfully, I was terrified before you came. But then I blinked and you were here. I thought I had it all figured out. I thought I would be super Mom. Which I am still learning: doesn't exist. I couldn't possibly love you more. Even six month into this insane terrible three's business (it's not a myth), I couldn't love you more. I am also learning, that's all you need from me. 

I never could have dreamed up a daughter like you, Avery. The personality that has spewed from your little body since day one. I mean, all of the sass. You are so smart and your memory seriously blows my mind. You just recently told me a story about something that we did Labor Day weekend (seven months ago), and you had all the details down. Some things even I forgot until you mentioned it. How can you remember that?   

Soon you will be four. I can't forget because you ask weekly how much longer until you are four. Your toddler years are nearly behind you. I know you don't have much of a perspective on time right now or maybe your little life time has seemed like forever for you. But to me, I feel like you were just that squishy little 8 pound 8 ounce baby I held in my arms. 

 have grown with you. I have grown and changed so much in the next three and a half years right along side you. 

Thank you for teaching me so much the last three and a half years. Thank you for teaching me about love, life and most of all patience. I want to tell you to stop growing. Then I see the sweet innocence and possibilities in your eyes, I realize that isn't fair. Keep growing my sweet girl. I cannot wait to continue watching the girl you become.  

Love always, 
Your Mommy 




 

2 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest letter. It is amazing how fast they grow especially when we don't want them to. She is just the cutest little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. So true how there's that feeling of wanting to keep them young forever and wanting to watch them grow and learn. Avery is going to love reading this someday :)

    ReplyDelete