Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A Letter To My Three Year Old




Avery Mae,

My baby girl.

When I first walked into the Hospital and toward the Labor room, all I could think was that when I left, I'd have you with me. The fear had subsided- I was ready. Or at least, I thought I was. Truthfully, nothing could have prepared me for the roller coaster of parenthood. When you came into this world: I felt a love like no other. I felt a worry like no other when they took you from me, too soon, because you weren't crying. An extreme relief, like no other, when everyone smiled and told me you were fine and I was lucky-  you just weren't a crier. 

You just turned three years old. I cannot wrap my mind around where the past three years have gone. In just three years you have grown from the helpless little infant that needed me every second of every day, into this amazing, smart, sassy, independent little girl. I could go on for days. I may be your Mom but you are everything that I aspire to be. There is so much I have or will have to teach you. What I never expected is how much you have taught me.

We have many more years to learn together. I cannot wait to watch you grow and to see myself grow right along with you.  

I look forward to continuing to watch you thrive.

Thank you for being my baby.

I love you.


1 comments:

  1. Such a sweet letter!! Hope she is having a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete