Monday, June 8, 2015

He Popped the Question- Now It's My Turn!

This past weekend was our engagement party. I'm looking forward to sharing more about our party in another post, for now I want to talk about one of the best parts of the party.

I asked my sister to be my Maid of Honor and my two cousins to be my Bridesmaids.

I've known, since before I even met Garrett, that these girls would be the ones standing next to me when I got married. I was so excited to make it official!

I put together three gift bags that had a sash, button pin, mini bottle of champagne (Vitamin Water for my sister, hah!) and a pink nail polish, with a card for each of them. (I found the card printable here.)



My dad got the girls next to each other, and I came out and put the gift bags in front of them, with the card facing down and told them to flip over the card. They were all so excited, tears were shed and hugs were shared and the rest of the night we couldn't stop acting like giddy little girls!


The bridesmaids and maid of honor are so important in a wedding and the memories to be shared are 
countless so I think it's so much fun to bring them on board in a fun/exciting way!

I couldn't be more happy that these girls will be standing next to me on my wedding day; and will be there every step of the way, like they have been my entire life. 



#TeamBride from Emily Beckwith on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Such a great way to ask! Love the gift bags and the pink and gold colors. So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete