Thursday, May 21, 2015

Hair Repair

I haven't cut my hair in over two years (oops!). We have our engagement party coming in two weeks, and engagement photos and all that fun stuff, so I don't feel like now is the time that I want to start chopping! I'm a heat junkie when it comes to my hair. Curling, straightening, blow drying. The works. Not to mention the hair dye. So much dying

Yeah, my hair is major suckage lately. 


So dry and limp. Also, I've always had really thick hair but lately my hair isn't feeling as thick and voluminous as it once was.

I researched & went on the hunt for some major repair help (on the cheap!).  Here is what I have came up with. 

repair and protect miracle serum || texture cream || dry shampoo || coconut oil

1. Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Overnight Overnight Miracle Repair Serum. I have yet to use this yet. I've read good things and its affordable so I've decided to give it a go!

2. Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Cream. Doesn't really "repair" but totally helps me not use heat on my hair! I use this after I get out of the shower and let my hair air dry slightly, or I sit in front of a fan, hah! Then I scrunch this in my hair and typically I'll sleep with my hair in braids that night and when I wake up I take the braids out and the waves are nice and texturized. Or I just leave it down and it brings out my natural waves!

3. Not Your Mother's dry shampoo. I've been an everyday hair washer my entire life. I know, I know. SO BAD. I think this really is contributing to my hair suckage. My hair gets so oily & I don't feel clean without washing my hair. But I've been trying and part of that is trying to find a good dry shampoo. I love this one. It works, its affordable and the can is huge, it has a nice smell and doesn't leave a weird residue. 


4. Coconut oil. My younger sister is more of the beauty guru in the family. If it weren't for her, or Pinterest, I wouldn't know anything. She told me to soak my hair with coconut oil, and what would ya know, it really does magic! Disclaimer, don't put it too close to your scalp, it may or may not make your scalp oily. Learned that one the hard way. I generally just put my hair in a high pony-tail and soak the pony! It basically does what the repair serum does, but better! Just takes a lot more time and effort. 

I've also bought some deep conditioner to hopefully help and I am planning on trying to cut back on the heat majorly. Voila.

My poor hair now. The ends are so nappy and dead. 
Here's to hoping I'll see some improvement! I'm planning on dying it again soon, sorry not sorry. But I really hope to see it a little healthier by the time our engagement party comes! Anyone else have any healthy hair tricks or product suggestions? I'd love to hear 'em! 
















0 comments:

Post a Comment