Saturday, August 30, 2014

Ch-ch-ch-ch Changes!

Sometimes I just get comfortable with what I'm doing- or where I'm at. And the thought of changing that comfortability is scary. Even if I know I'm not where I want to be or if I know there's changes that could be made for the better.

Change is scary.
But change is coming. 
Garrett and I have talked a lot lately about changes we want to make, soon. For our personal selves and for our family. Becoming young parents meant bringing Avery into the world with us before we were where we want to be with our lives. Changes that are seemingly small feel a whole lot bigger when you know every decision you make affects this little person that relies on you. Completely and fully. 

Garrett's changes to help make his current job his career. 
My changes within my job. And steps I need to take to reach my school goals that'll lead me to my career goals.
The change of moving on and getting a place of our own. 
Talk of making changes that'll change Avery's normal every day routine.

Where we are now is comfortable. It's what we know and it's what we are used to. But it definitely is not what we want for our current selves, or our future selves. 

So, I guess, here is to change. The make-us-or-break-us kind.


0 comments:

Post a Comment